Tuesday 2 February 2016

Wenger blames England for losing Iwobi to Nigeria

Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger has said England might have missed it when they allowed youngster Alex Iwobi to star for Nigeria.
Wenger believes Iwobi, 19, has a big future in the game after he shone in their FA Cup win over Burnley.
Gunners boss Wenger said: “I  think  he’s  one England have missed because he plays for Nigeria now. He should play for England.
“I don’t think he has played in a competitive game for Nigeria. I remember I turned him down for an U-23 friendly tournament. But then Nigeria called him up for the first team to force him to go.

ALEX IWOBI
ALEX IWOBI

“But it’s a massive football country. 180 million people, a big history. Okocha is a top legend there, Kanu, Okocha, big stars there.
“I think he has shown everybody that he is a good football player, again. I find him personally very interesting. His decision-making is spot on. His awareness is very interesting. He’s very clever. I like his game.
Iwobi is a nephew of former Nigerian legend Austin Jay Jay Okocha

No comments:

Post a Comment